• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

U.S. Marine Seal/Logo

stephenj148

I'm looking for a Legal way to obtain the United States Marines seal/logo. My cousin is graduating from bootcamp in a few weeks and the family wants some custom t-shirts made up and I'd like to use the logo if possible. legally.

If anyone has anything helpful please let me know. I'm not looking to sell anything, just make some shirts for the boot camp graduation.

Thanks

-Stephen

Pat Whatley

Public domain from a copyright standpoint, but other restrictions apply. No person may, except with the written permission of the Secretary of the Navy, use or imitate the seal, emblem, name, or initials of the United States Marine Corps in connection with any promotion, goods, services, or commercial activity in a manner reasonably tending to suggest that such use is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Marine Corps or any other component of the Department of Defense. Use of this seal may be related to content found in MCO 5030.3B Unofficial Use of the Seal, Emblem, Names or Initial of the Marine Corps.

The pdf is pretty interesting reading. I got this all from ProWraps link. Seems that written permission is fairly easy to get (of course it might take 2 years), they're just trying to make sure you're not trying to make anything you're passing off as "official USMC merchandise".

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The pdf is pretty interesting reading. I got this all from ProWraps link. Seems that written permission is fairly easy to get (of course it might take 2 years), they're just trying to make sure you're not trying to make anything you're passing off as "official USMC merchandise".

I agree with that as it relates to normal protection against fraudulent use of any mark. Where I have a problem would be with any interpretation that would prohibit me from producing and selling the mark as a decal or as part of any sign. As official art of the United States, it is automatically in the public domain because it is mutually owned by all U.S. citizens just as is the flag.

expresssign

ok, im looking for this one in vector. anyone know where i can find it??

i have to print a graphic that goes on the wall of the marines recruiting center of both the seal and the marines font style, and they dont have a clean version to give me. i found one to vectorize, but just didnt have the quality that i want.....

anyone know where this one is????

marines-logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

synergy_jim

I did some work for the VVA a while back and they told me the seals are free to use. I have all the military seals in vector.