Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UB&T Font Help Please

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by chalmers, Oct 12, 2006.

1. chalmers

chalmers New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    If you go to www.ubtbank.com and see their logo in the top left corner, could someone please tell me what font that is?

THANKS!

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It's one of the Baskervilles ... every foundry has one or more of their own versions. The sample is too small for me to isolate it better than that.

3. chalmers

chalmers New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Thanks Fred,

I tried everyone of those I had though, and none quite matched up. That's why it was frustrating me because they are so similar!!! Well, if anyone else might figure it out, that would be great.

4. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Try whatthefont.com
    Ken

5. It's not a Baskerville, the "&" is different. The type itself is identical to TImes New Roman with the exception of the "&". It's entirely possible that it is 2 seperate fonts that are similar.
    For example this is what I get in relation to the logo when I combine Times New Roman and Bodoni. To keep the look I used 38 pt Times New Roman and 42 pt Bodoni for the "&". I did not play with traking or kerning, but you get the idea.
    Actual logo from web is on left and my recreation on right:
    UBTLogo.gif UB&T Mine.jpg