• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uber Nuber Needs a little help !!!

olea

Hi Guys!!

I have to get our VJ 1204 up and running again after a while of no one using.
We have the Flexi Sign 8.6 Software. I realize there is a great deal to learn with printing, colors , file types etc...

I have got the printer printing stuff and am working on reducing banding issues.....that's another story

But my main question is how to i stack or nest all my images that i get from our clients onto the print manager.

Basically I get a rectangular graphic 8 by 46 that I want to stack horizontally and print them in one batch.

The file formats vary from .jpg to PS file to eps ( Still haven't figured which is the best)

Should I nest them all in illustrator and send one large file or is there a better way ?

Anyone know why when I send a .jpg it always enlarges the image from its original size????

Any advice would be great.

Thanks for your help !

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
.eps and .pdf

Not even close. .eps and .pdf have some hideous color shifts. The .eps being the more unpredictable and the .pdf being the more constant. If you doubt this create a color chart, print it straight out of Flexi then export it as .eps and .pdf and print each of those. Set them side by side and see the differences.

Far better color can be had with an RGB .jpg of sufficient resolution. Usually 150ppi will do quite nicely.

olea

Wow thanks !

I will proceed to try what you guys have said and I will slowly start up a process that works or more questions :)

Thanks again for your help.

olea

drag em into prod manager, select em all, right click -> nest

I was able to get them into the manager, but is there a way to see a preview.

As currently I am have issues. When I save something as a .jpg it never opens th correct size in the flexi.

I have to manually change the size back to the correct dimensions when it sends it to the manager!

Thanks

4R Graphics

If you put all the files in to production manager NOT flexi to nest and print all the files select 1 file then hold down shift and select the last one and it will select them all then just click on nest at the top of the screen.

To see a preview and to tell it how to rotate files and set overlaps, profiles, etc... Which you have to do when you nest files (flexi 8.6 will not save the overlap settings Always made me mad) Anyways once you have them all selected and hit nest if you right click on the file that says nest Usually the first one you will see I believe job properties click on that and you will get the preview screen and all the setting adjustment screens.