• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300-160 purchase - looking for input

CL Visual

Hello All! I'm in the market for a roll to roll UV printer. It's intended use is primarily for white ink printing on clear materials. Does anyone own the Mimaki UCJV300-160 or the Mutoh 1638UR? If anyone has any input I'd appreciate it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I had a meeting with the regional sales guy at Mimaki the other day and he said the person on Signs101 who was having issues with the white was having the issue on a very specific brand of material. They eventually figured it out but it wasn't a common issue across machines. We have our demo unit coming in soon and will get to play around with it. Overall it looks like a solid machine. It uses the same exact heads as the JFX200 which is a very successful Mimaki UV Flatbed printer.

CL Visual

I had a meeting with the regional sales guy at Mimaki the other day and he said the person on Signs101 who was having issues with the white was having the issue on a very specific brand of material. They eventually figured it out but it wasn't a common issue across machines. We have our demo unit coming in soon and will get to play around with it. Overall it looks like a solid machine. It uses the same exact heads as the JFX200 which is a very successful Mimaki UV Flatbed printer.

I demo'd the machine in their rockaway, NJ showroom. I was impressed with the printing but the cutter left a lot to be desired. I have stand alone plotters so it's not a big deal to me. They wound up using a 3m white ink which happened to be the answer to the soluable white issue. Overall seems like a decent machine but the varnish cartridge on the Mutoh can create a lot of opportunity in the New York City retail market. All these designers love to stand out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I demo'd the machine in their rockaway, NJ showroom. I was impressed with the printing but the cutter left a lot to be desired. I have stand alone plotters so it's not a big deal to me. They wound up using a 3m white ink which happened to be the answer to the soluable white issue. Overall seems like a decent machine but the varnish cartridge on the Mutoh can create a lot of opportunity in the New York City retail market. All these designers love to stand out.

I can already see the varnish Dolce and Gabbana logos on matte black background designs!