• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 or JV300 color gamut

Gary Wiant

I've owner 3Mimaki printers (JV3, JV33 & JV300) my JV300 is setup with 8 colors including Lm, Lk, Lc & orange. I absolutely love it but we've had a really good year and it's about time to get a new printer, I'm not sure if I want to get another JV300 or if I should get the UCJV300. My issue is I'm concerned the UCJV will not be able to output the bright oranges, Reds & other colors I'm able to get with the 8 colors on the JV300. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Gary

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
CMYK and having Lm Lk &Lc will produce the same colour gamut. only difference with the lights is your print will have less grain in the light colours.
Any time you add additional colours like orange and green, that's when your gamut will increase.

There may be away to print CMYK and 8 colours on your printer? then you can compare.

yannb

Hi, the gamut of the UCJV is smaller than a CMYK JV300. The inks are matte too when cured, so it can't print dark colours as well as the JV300. You need a special laminate to reduce silvering and if you need a gloss print.
White ink is more opaque on the UCJV, and of course, the ink is very scratch resistant.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Hi, the gamut of the UCJV is smaller than a CMYK JV300. The inks are matte too when cured, so it can't print dark colours as well as the JV300. You need a special laminate to reduce silvering and if you need a gloss print.
White ink is more opaque on the UCJV, and of course, the ink is very scratch resistant.

Regarding scratch resistance In official MIMAKI web site I saw the sentence that ECO Solvent SS21 ink is: "...They are the most durable of all three ink types..."
Do you agree with this?