Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UCJV300 or JV300 color gamut

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Gary Wiant, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Gary Wiant

Gary Wiant Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Shippenville, Pa
    I've owner 3Mimaki printers (JV3, JV33 & JV300) my JV300 is setup with 8 colors including Lm, Lk, Lc & orange. I absolutely love it but we've had a really good year and it's about time to get a new printer, I'm not sure if I want to get another JV300 or if I should get the UCJV300. My issue is I'm concerned the UCJV will not be able to output the bright oranges, Reds & other colors I'm able to get with the 8 colors on the JV300. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
    Gary

Tags:
  2. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    CMYK and having Lm Lk &Lc will produce the same colour gamut. only difference with the lights is your print will have less grain in the light colours.
    Any time you add additional colours like orange and green, that's when your gamut will increase.

There may be away to print CMYK and 8 colours on your printer? then you can compare.

3. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    Hi, the gamut of the UCJV is smaller than a CMYK JV300. The inks are matte too when cured, so it can't print dark colours as well as the JV300. You need a special laminate to reduce silvering and if you need a gloss print.
    White ink is more opaque on the UCJV, and of course, the ink is very scratch resistant.

4. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
    Regarding scratch resistance In official MIMAKI web site I saw the sentence that ECO Solvent SS21 ink is: "...They are the most durable of all three ink types..."
    Do you agree with this?