• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Ucjv300 purging

willkho

Hi,
I've been thinking to get the ucjv300 but the pandemic strikes.
The business became really slow but luckily our latex has no problem sitting with no printing.
Wondering if we get the ucjv300, how bad it will purge the ink especially the white ink with no printing for 2 months?
Will it finish 1 liter of ink in 2 months just for purging?
The dealer told us that we should worry more about the expired date rather than the purging.
We somehow agree on CMYK and clear but not really with white ink.
Any thought or experience with this type of situation?
Really hope the pandemic won't stopping you guys from printing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We have a demo unit that we only use once in a while to show customers etc. It sits for months at a time sometimes. We haven't had a single nozzle clog. The amount of ink that gets used is all up to how you setup the cleaning cycles. If you use the default settings, you won't even come close to using a liter bottle up in 2 months.

Last edited:

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We have a demo unit that we only use once in a while to show customers etc. It sits for months at a time sometimes. We haven't had a single nozzle clog. The amount of ink that gets used is all up to how you setup the cleaning cycles. If you use the default settings, you won't even come close to using a liter bottle up in 2 months.

Agreed.

Just to give you an idea, we closed/went on holidays for 2 weeks this summer and left all our printers sitting. Our UCJV was the only printer that had a perfect nozzle test after 2 weeks sitting unattended.

And like already said, if you're going to waste white ink it will be from them expiring rather than purging through cleanings. The auto-cleans don't waste too much ink.