• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh.. Maybe a little help here.

Spud

It's been a while -- anyways, I have flexi 8.1, and a mac os 10.4 running parallels and bootcamp with xp, well when I open flexi in windows while running mac it won't find my hardware key.

Any ideas? I've seen a few post here and there that said people were running it flawless -- I just can't seem to get it.

Help!

jnyreno

Are you using an Intel chip Mac? I'm considering doing the same on a network of Macs if it will work. My shop needs new Macs and waiting for S/A to upgrade Flexi has become beyond ridiculous.
I bought the first version of Flexi for Mac as soon as it was released and now have to run on outdated computers waiting for an upgrade.

Bill Modzel

I'm running a dongle'd RIP on my MacPro also. It is a USB key and usually it's fine. There are times that I have to restart windows and parallels to find it. If that doesn't work you have to go into the control panels and find the USB stuff and let windows troubleshoot it.

It can be very annoying at best. Unplugging and plugging it back in can work too, occasionally.

Sparky

Make sure that parallels "captures" the dongle. Unplug it, plug it back in and a window should appear asking you if you want Windows to manage the device, or Mac. Choose Windows and it should recognize it.

I am using the dongle-less 8.5 so I am not sure that will help, but it would be the first thing I would look at. With 8.5, I have zero problems with parallels and flexi on my Mac!

ddubia

I am currently having a similar problem with two pc's.

Flexi is loaded on two pc's. Only one of them has Product Manager loaded. The one with Product Manager has the key. The other one cannot find the key over our network.

Our network is working fine in all other respects so I'm not sure if it's key problem, a network problem or simply a settings problem.

I hope this doesn't appear as an attempt to hikjack this thread since thre is no Mac involved, but I didn't want to start another thread if not necessary.

Spud

Doesn't bother me! Sorry for the late response -- damn illness.

Anyways it IS a USB dongle, the error I receive in parallels is that the key is used by mac already so it can't be used for XP. I'm not to sure how to check what program or if any in mac is using the key?

Also I clicked the usb icon on parallels and clicked it to use it for windows to get to the "Sorry the usb device is already being used by blah blah blah".

Thanks.

Bill Modzel

NOt sure what to say there. My dongle shows up in the Mac Sys profiler as all of the USB attachments do. There should be nothing on the Mac side of things that hijacks the dongle though.

I just re-read you post and you said Parallels AND Bootcamp. Which one are you running?

Have you tried something as simple as unplugging and re-plugging the dongle while you have windows as your OS?

One other thing is where is your dongle plugged into your Mac? The keyboard, the cpu or a hub? Could make a difference I suppose.

Parallels will take over my optical drive if I have it switched on in the windows bar but that's going the other direction.