• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh....WHY!?!?!

johnnysigns

Think this would work on sintra "crumbs"? When we get projects back from our CNC guy, even though they blow them off, there are still lots of little sintra crumbs all over the place. impossible to get out of carpet lol
Old thread, I know, but the static guns work incredible on that stuff. We just heat bent thousands of small custom cut CNC signs and they arrived with piles of the cutting swarf and chips all over the parts. Several zaps with the static gun and they're basically clean.

Johnny Best

Hey Nota, he has heard all the redneck jokes. I know there is supply line trouble, but you need to order new material.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That's just the protective plastic sheet the gets shredded, the cut on the actual material looks just fine. Peel off the plastic, dust them off with a soft foxtail brush. Don't wipe them with anything except maybe a tack cloth but that's not necessary. Then use them.

Johnny Best

I have a horsehair brush and would not damage it with this sort of thing. I have an large old house paint brush that can take a beating And is stiffer. Coon tail terks to much.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have a horsehair brush and would not damage it with this sort of thing. I have an large old house paint brush that can take a beating And is stiffer. Coon tail terks to much.
Only if it's still attached to the coon.

Vassago

The static is the problem. You can get an ioniser gun that'll remove it, but yeah.. A Pita..

A tack cloth will remove them pretty easily though.. Just do it before removing the film, otherwise the static will just cover it in bits again