• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ugly?

Marlene

is it just me or is this a really horrid logo? Price chopper is changing their name to Market 32 and this is their new logo. looks like something from one of those online services that cost about $5.00. then it also could be another WTF they paid $100,000 for this

Attachments

• market 32.jpg
    market 32.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 150

Baz

It "looks" nice but is hard to recognise quickly. Kind of defeats the purpose of a good logo. You should not have to spend time figuring out what it says. All i see is MAR KET. After a few seconds i think to myself MAR KET 32? and still not sure i got it. It was thanks to your description that it confirmed i was right.

I don't like it. :noway:

On the topic of overseas designers. I mentionned to a friend of mine that i was in need of a second employee. Preferably a designer. He texts me the same night saying he is with a guy who owns a "media" company and he uses online designers from India. Says it"s great and that he gets artwork within eight hours after submitting requests.

I did not carry the conversation any further...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it looks and sounds as though it came from overseas. I can't quite put my finger on the accent, but judging by the kerning and the obvious disregard for balance, I'd say India, Bangladesh or Thailand. The color usage is also from outta this world.

Yep, ya found a keeper :wink:

Marlene

they posted this on our local news facebook page and I couldn't believe how horrid it is. love the

Mar
Ket
like it is two words. and just what is 32? 32 what? $32 for this logo? if asked what on earth could they do to make this look better? I'd say get rid of the blocky strange fonts used for Mar Ket and put the word back together as it should be. my guess is they are going more natural food because of the brown and green but who knows from this mess what they sell

Baz

The choice of fonts would be great if it was for a Russian co-op natural food market. :ROFLMAO: