• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uh Oh! SP 300v Not Printing Blue?

ABPGraphics

Alrighty,

This morning I came in to work and fired my printer up like I do every morning. I loaded a Logo EPS into Versaworks so I could print it and I realized as it was printing that it wasn't putting any blue into the decal. So I restarted my computer and restarted the printer and ran a cleaning on it and made a small cyan 5x5 square and loaded it into versaworks and tried printing it and it was pitch black at first and then it slowly faded into a really dark blue almost like a gradient. And now my blues are wayyy dark. It's almost like the Cyan line is clogged or something is wrong with the head. I swapped out ink cartridges for a brand new one even though the other cartridge still said it had ~25% left in it but that didn't do anything to fix my problem either. Any recommendations on what I should do? Hopefully this problem isn't too costly to fix... :covereyes:

Ragnabrok

Sounds like the cap has swollen, and bridged the 2 sides of the head, causing the colours to mix. Check the lines coming out the top of the carriage, and see if they are both black.

Also do a nozzle check ( the test print button) to see if the colours have merged. should this be the case, you can run a powerful clean or 2 to get the inks seperated, unless the colours have mixed all the way back to the cartdridge.

Worst case scenario, new cap, and 2 new cartridges.

ABPGraphics

Sounds like the cap has swollen, and bridged the 2 sides of the head, causing the colours to mix. Check the lines coming out the top of the carriage, and see if they are both black.

Also do a nozzle check ( the test print button) to see if the colours have merged. should this be the case, you can run a powerful clean or 2 to get the inks seperated, unless the colours have mixed all the way back to the cartdridge.

Worst case scenario, new cap, and 2 new cartridges.

you were right on this.....the colors did merge.....showed on the test print

we did like 3 power cleaning and it seemed to correct itself after about 5 prints......thanks for all your help!

:thankyou:

ABPGraphics

ya know......I just need to say....think about what we could have gone thru if it were not for the experienced SMART people at Sign 101 - I really do appreciate the knowledge and expertise here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:U Rock::signs101:

Fatboy

Guys you saved my life. Same happen to me. Fixed it in 5 min. Why does the cap swell? Is it not better do draw the ink from the line rather than power clean?:U Rock:

DRamm76

Guys you saved my life. Same happen to me. Fixed it in 5 min. Why does the cap swell? Is it not better do draw the ink from the line rather than power clean?:U Rock:

Pulling it right from the line may save you some ink but might not be as effective as the powerful cleanings in this case