Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh...this sucks - Flexi nesting??

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by eahicks, Dec 12, 2013.

1. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    So I tried nesting 2 print now/cut later jobs....the print jobs were nested, properly, but little did I know Flexi does not nest the CUT jobs, so voila! I go to cut the job after laminating and they are separate jobs....so I have a roll of trash. I guess it would need 2 sets of reg marks, but there's only one since I nested.

Anyone know of any way this WILL work? I've tried a few tests and can't seem to figure it out. I'll have to manually nest them in Flexi and then send as 1 file I guess. How stupid.

Tags:
  2. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I think I have experienced that, but found that when items are grouped trouble is not far behind...... So I guess it printed all the registration marks but only cut the original before nesting....That blows

3. eahicks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Well no...it printed ONE set of reg marks, but in order to cut it needs 2 sets..one for 1st group, one for 2nd group. Makes no sense....if you nest 2 jobs, and it prints 1 set of marks, you should be able to cut by using that 1 set of marks.

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    What version of Flexi are you using?

wayne k
    guam usa

5. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    After you nest the files, I'm assuming that now you have one file, try grouping them together.

Dave

6. eahicks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS

7. eahicks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Group them how? There is nothing in Prod Mgr for that....simply nest. Both jobs are in 1 nested file, with Reg Marks. But there are still 2 cut files....I don't think you're following me.

8. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    what does nesting the cut files do (just throwing it out there)

9. eahicks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Nesting is greyed out for the cut files. That was my first thought.... "oh you have to nest the cut files". But no can do.

10. eahicks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I think this is a design flaw in Flexi / Prod Mgr. Can't believe it hasn't been addressed before.

11. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I have experienced the same thing and am currently running Flexi Cloud. This is a design error on SAi's part I have wasted a tone of material because I can't group through the manager and set up time by hand is just too much plus it messes up my customer folders when I have a print file with multiple customers artwork in it but it is saved under only one customer. I would love to know also if anyone has found a solution to this issue.

12. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    I guess I didn't understand the problem. I was referring to what is stated above about combining the files before you send to print / cut. We don't use poduction manager so I'm no help here.

It will take a few minutes, but to get around the problem, you could just copy and paste the files into another file and send to PM.

Dave