• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uh...this sucks - Flexi nesting??

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So I tried nesting 2 print now/cut later jobs....the print jobs were nested, properly, but little did I know Flexi does not nest the CUT jobs, so voila! I go to cut the job after laminating and they are separate jobs....so I have a roll of trash. I guess it would need 2 sets of reg marks, but there's only one since I nested.

Anyone know of any way this WILL work? I've tried a few tests and can't seem to figure it out. I'll have to manually nest them in Flexi and then send as 1 file I guess. How stupid.

gabagoo

I think I have experienced that, but found that when items are grouped trouble is not far behind...... So I guess it printed all the registration marks but only cut the original before nesting....That blows

eahicks

Well no...it printed ONE set of reg marks, but in order to cut it needs 2 sets..one for 1st group, one for 2nd group. Makes no sense....if you nest 2 jobs, and it prints 1 set of marks, you should be able to cut by using that 1 set of marks.

ova

After you nest the files, I'm assuming that now you have one file, try grouping them together.

Dave

eahicks

After you nest the files, I'm assuming that now you have one file, try grouping them together.

Dave

Group them how? There is nothing in Prod Mgr for that....simply nest. Both jobs are in 1 nested file, with Reg Marks. But there are still 2 cut files....I don't think you're following me.

eahicks

I think this is a design flaw in Flexi / Prod Mgr. Can't believe it hasn't been addressed before.

SAR.Summerlin

I have experienced the same thing and am currently running Flexi Cloud. This is a design error on SAi's part I have wasted a tone of material because I can't group through the manager and set up time by hand is just too much plus it messes up my customer folders when I have a print file with multiple customers artwork in it but it is saved under only one customer. I would love to know also if anyone has found a solution to this issue.

ova

I have experienced the same thing and am currently running Flexi Cloud. This is a design error on SAi's part I have wasted a tone of material because I can't group through the manager and set up time by hand is just too much plus it messes up my customer folders when I have a print file with multiple customers artwork in it but it is saved under only one customer. I would love to know also if anyone has found a solution to this issue.

I guess I didn't understand the problem. I was referring to what is stated above about combining the files before you send to print / cut. We don't use poduction manager so I'm no help here.

It will take a few minutes, but to get around the problem, you could just copy and paste the files into another file and send to PM.

Dave