• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF 3042 sleep mode issues

Forty One

Can anyone assist me here?
If I turn my UJF 3042 off and leave it overnight/next day, when I come back and do a test print, half the nozzles are missing across various channels.
If I do a few cleans then it gets it back up.
I'm meticulous in cleaning and maintaining the machine, so I know that the seals etc are in good order.
If I leave it running 24/7 and just in local mode, then there's no issues.

However, leaving it running burns through a bit of ink.

Smoke_Jaguar

Leaving the printer on is pretty much the default, especially for UV printers. Lets them run circulation and cleaning cycles. Is this a regular UJF-6042 or the MKII version?

Forty One

It's the 3042 FX.
When I say "on", I mean it's always operational and in local.
I was referring to the option to let it power off and do the usual cleaning cycles like the solvents I have.

I guess it always need to be operational?

Tatonka

There shouldn't be any real issue with powering it off at night, as long as the main power is still on. It'll turn on and clean itself every so often. It might actually clean itself more often when powered off than when fully on and in local mode.

Smoke_Jaguar

The MKII has a much better auto-powering cycle, but yeah, the big power switch is essentially for doing maintenance and cutting off electrical power. Leave that on as much as possible when the printer is operational.