Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UJF-3042HG Gloss Help

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by imrtstc, Mar 10, 2013.

1. imrtstc

imrtstc New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    I am having issues when i use gloss on my 3042HG. It looks like banding when finished. Cleaned heads hard and wiped undercarriage. still an issue. Anybody got a solution?

Tags:
  2. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    do you have the lamps set up for a "post cure" or are they curing the thread/pass as soon as it's laid down?

3. imrtstc

imrtstc New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    im pretty sure its curing during pass. how do i set it up to post cure?

4. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    on my printer there is a utility that has arrows and little light bulbs and you choose the option. the varnish needs time to wet out in order to become glossy. so whatever your printer offers, you'll be wanting the ink to be laid down, the lamp would be off trailing/behind the head or in effect the lamp is on ahead of the head direction. this means that the lamp is curing "coming back" not immediately after the ink is laid down. there may even be a "cure between passes" built into your firmware. but that is the general concept.

5. aglassoftang

aglassoftang New Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Do can change the dot size to 5-3-1 to reduce the banding. You may need to get your color dots realigned.

6. imrtstc

imrtstc New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Ok, i tried the 5-3-1 and in my UV mode i have print and irridation. The piece looks great when the clear is laid down, but after the light hits it it is banded. Everything gets cleaned daily. I am stumped.

Attached Files:

7. Chipemulator

Chipemulator New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Varnish is good in small áreas. in large áreas like your job, it´s a nightmare to do better than the photo.

why you dont use a Varnish in spray? it´s 100 times cheaper :)

regards

www.chipemulator.com