• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF-3042HG Gloss Help

imrtstc

I am having issues when i use gloss on my 3042HG. It looks like banding when finished. Cleaned heads hard and wiped undercarriage. still an issue. Anybody got a solution?

artbot

do you have the lamps set up for a "post cure" or are they curing the thread/pass as soon as it's laid down?

artbot

on my printer there is a utility that has arrows and little light bulbs and you choose the option. the varnish needs time to wet out in order to become glossy. so whatever your printer offers, you'll be wanting the ink to be laid down, the lamp would be off trailing/behind the head or in effect the lamp is on ahead of the head direction. this means that the lamp is curing "coming back" not immediately after the ink is laid down. there may even be a "cure between passes" built into your firmware. but that is the general concept.

imrtstc

Ok, i tried the 5-3-1 and in my UV mode i have print and irridation. The piece looks great when the clear is laid down, but after the light hits it it is banded. Everything gets cleaned daily. I am stumped.

Attachments

• 2013-03-30 11.09.48.jpg
    2013-03-30 11.09.48.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 95