• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF-3042MkIIEx - Diagnosing Head Thermistor Error

notarobot

Hello all,
I've got myself into a bit of a jam with a 3042Mk2, I've gotten a Error 108 - HDThermis error, and the service manual states to:
1. Check FFC connection between the Slider T PCB
and the head which is displayed error.
2. Replace the Slider T PCB with a new one.
(Refer to 3.3.2)
3. Replace the print head with a new one.
(Refer to 3.1.1)

I've checked the ffc cables and the fuses on the slider PCB, fuses are fine and the cables seem fine (should I check each ffc cable for continuity? I only re-seated them).

Is there any way to ascertain whether it is the PCB or the print head? No one seems to have a slider PCB in stock and the wait is a month, which we just can't afford right now, nor the extra time should it turn out ti be the print head. These are also expensive parts to play trial and error with, and mimaki's techs and other company's techs can't seem to help much, minimum 1 month wait to see a tech.

Thanks,
notarobot

Hamster

I don't know exactly how the heads are connected to the board on your device. But I can recommend, if possible, to change the head ffp. You can also try without disconnecting the connectors on the heads to change the connection of the heads on the board. Whether the error will go to another head or not

JohnTom

Are you still able to run the printer? I just went through a Slider Board issue on the same machine as you - can confirm it is a complete poop show trying to get parts.

Have you tried contacting Mimaki directly? I found much more help doing that than I did dealing with my local supplier.

If you check the log files they may give you a bit of a trail to check.

And yeah, its a joke that there isn't better diagnostic system in place to narrow down these problems. They are so focused on just throwing parts at the machine instead of having a clear understanding of what is actually wrong.