• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF-6042 Backlit Signs

Ditchmiester

I'm working on a new project where we are printing small backlit 3mm Acrylic signs. I'm having problems with to much light bleed and wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to print a dark enough black to only have the light visible where there is no ink and the rest look dark black.

Thanks in advance.

ams

If you want some light to shine through the dark but very little, do a 2 or 3 overprint. Meaning every pass, it will drop 2 or 3 times the ink in the same area, basically raised ink.
If you want to do a total block out where no light shines through the black, you need to apply a block out film to the inside of the acrylic. Avery makes one. But pay attention to
which side the black goes on and which side the white goes on.

Ditchmiester

Is there a better CMYK Value to help block light then black? The first layer will be black but would the back later make a difference?