• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF - 6042MkII Clear/Primer head Clogged

abbey.b

So before i took over this mimaki I guess they have spray back issues and it clogged the Primer/Clear Head.

Does any one have any advice on fixing this?

Susan Stewart

I have a different Mimaki, so I'm not sure if these are options for you or not. Have you tried a nozzle wash? You can also do a soak on the head using the F-200/LF-200 washing fluid. I know primer and clear are stickier inks.

abbey.b

I have a different Mimaki, so I'm not sure if these are options for you or not. Have you tried a nozzle wash? You can also do a soak on the head using the F-200/LF-200 washing fluid. I know primer and clear are stickier inks.

I have tried this a few times and no dice :(

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In my experience, once a UV head has been cured shut, it's virtually impossible to open up. That being said, Global Garage does have a service to flush heads and I have heard of people having success. Globalgarage.com is the site I am pretty sure.

Tipgypsy

So before i took over this mimaki I guess they have spray back issues and it clogged the Primer/Clear Head.

Are you getting any spray at all out of that head ? You can do a Nozzle wash and let it sit for a while to soak - Maintenance , Station , Nozzle wash - fill the cap with F200 fluid and set soak time to max then see if it cleared anything - you may have to do it several times - You should look at the bottom of the head and clean it with a swab and fluid . Sometimes you can luck out and the soak will loosen it up to get it with the swab .

chromira

We had the same issue with our JFX-200 and soaked and soaked for days and ended up having to replace the printhead.

frankubilluz

You should let the print head rest in FL007 which is more aggressive than F200, if this flushing liquid doesn´t work, you should replace printhead and consider if you really need this feature in the printer, because this will happen again if you don't use this feature or if you don't have the precaution to clean very deep

Texastech

White/clear head gets clogged in a uv printer the heads done. That’s why with specialty colors if your not going to use it that often p, make sure you still have a file you can push that type of ink threw to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Sony

Hai. I'm using Mimaki UJF 6042 MKII also and have same problem with primer head clongging. I already replace the print head several time bacause of this problem (maybe every 6 months). is there any suggestion how to make the print head primer last longer? Note : I already clean it with special wash solution from Mimaki and do nozzle wash once per week as the recommendation.

TA04

Hai. I'm using Mimaki UJF 6042 MKII also and have same problem with primer head clongging. I already replace the print head several time bacause of this problem (maybe every 6 months). is there any suggestion how to make the print head primer last longer? Note : I already clean it with special wash solution from Mimaki and do nozzle wash once per week as the recommendation.

wich wash solution?

TD Digital

The Pr200 and Clear head is notorious for clogging on the MKII and what's worse is with FW version 4.2 and above they reduced the custody wash time to 10 mins. According to Mimaki they found that long custody washes actually deteriorate the nozzle face and cause damage long term. What I like to do is perform a custody wash and instead of inputting the soak time just leave the screen flashing and you can soak indefinitely without the pumps cycling.

More than likely the head is toast but I have had luck on some of our units actually scrapping the nozzle face with a lint soft rag and the F200 and I have seen globs of gelled up ink come off. If head replacement is not an option you can run your primer layer as a separate print at a much higher pass level.

If you do replace the head you will need to perform the custody wash and manually wipe the heads daily to prevent it from happening over and over. I have sadly replaced upwards of 2 dozen Primer/Clear heads on the MKII platforms.