Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UJF - 6042MkII Clear/Primer head Clogged

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by abbey.b, Oct 11, 2019.

1. abbey.b

abbey.b New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Ohio
    So before i took over this mimaki I guess they have spray back issues and it clogged the Primer/Clear Head.

Does any one have any advice on fixing this?

2. Susan Stewart

Susan Stewart Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Indiana
    I have a different Mimaki, so I'm not sure if these are options for you or not. Have you tried a nozzle wash? You can also do a soak on the head using the F-200/LF-200 washing fluid. I know primer and clear are stickier inks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. abbey.b

abbey.b New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Ohio
    I have tried this a few times and no dice :(

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    In my experience, once a UV head has been cured shut, it's virtually impossible to open up. That being said, Global Garage does have a service to flush heads and I have heard of people having success. Globalgarage.com is the site I am pretty sure.

5. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy New Member

Are you getting any spray at all out of that head ? You can do a Nozzle wash and let it sit for a while to soak - Maintenance , Station , Nozzle wash - fill the cap with F200 fluid and set soak time to max then see if it cleared anything - you may have to do it several times - You should look at the bottom of the head and clean it with a swab and fluid . Sometimes you can luck out and the soak will loosen it up to get it with the swab .

• Like Like x 1