• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF Bulb life

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how to answer that accurately, but wouldn't a lot have to do with :

• How many times you boot it up ??
  • Lamp strength for various settings ??
  • Is it opening in both directions for each and every print ??

Our bulbs, on a totally different machine, last about 350 to 450 hours, but again, that all depends on what we're running.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Mimaki UV printers use UV LED lights so they last much longer. The stated spec in Mimaki's spec sheet is ~10,000 hours depending on environment and usage of course and is not guaranteed. On the new JFX200 printers they are actually covering the LEDs even after your warranty is over if they do not perform to the 5,000 hour mark.

WalkerP

The 10K hrs rings a bell from training. I run it at at least 100% power to get max cure most of the time, but I'm nowhere near 10K hrs. I was having a curing issue with some tests and just wanted to rule the bulb out. I did have some ink cured on the bulb cover and cleaned it off.

Pat, yes, the bulbs are a good bit more $. The LED is becoming more popular, even in the large flatbeds, but technically have some limitations, especially with the ink b/c the curing wavelength range is much more narrow.

Thanks for the info.

MixMaker

I'm looking at the brochure right now. They're advertised at ~10,000 hours on the LED's for the 6042 and ~5,0000 on the JFX200.

Keep in mind that the bulbs are only on as the carriage passes over the ink, this helps extend the lamp life.