• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJV 160 error "Limit(1M)" on first K cartridge

MonoJoker

Hi all,

Got a strange error/warning message on my UJV160 which is preventing me from being able to do head cleans, subtank fillups, etc. It doesn't however stop the machine from printing. I can find no reference to the error in the service manual despite it having an extensive list. Below is a screenshot showing the exact message. I have tried resetting the printer and installing a new cartridge. Interestingly if I swap the other K cartridge into that slot it doesn't recognise it and reports No Cartridge - if I swap others like the Yellows it works fine.

attachment.php

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Liam.

Attachments

• ujvshot.jpg
    ujvshot.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 355

APCInk

Merchant Member
It appears to me you have exceeded the expiration date of that cartridge by 1 month. It allows you to use the cartridge to print, but is trying to prevent you from using it much.

MonoJoker

It appears to me you have exceeded the expiration date of that cartridge by 1 month. It allows you to use the cartridge to print, but is trying to prevent you from using it much.

How interesting. Thanks for that, I actually swapped out the quite low (but not empty) cartridge thinking this was the problem. But got the same error so assumed it was something else. Now I guess I must have had 2 blacks with the same expiry date. Thanks for the info I will try a newer cartridge and see what happens.

Just out of interest is there any way to see what the expiry dates are on cartridges if the packaging has been discarded?

Cheers.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
HI If you can get into service mode you can change the date back a few months and that will work, however how old are the inks?
if they are more than 12 months expired I would not use them as they could block the heads..
I know this will work as I have done it many times.
Good luck
Tekkie1:smile: