• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uk signpainter

Wayne Osborne

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen.
Some of you I know-
Some of you even know me-( which must be even worse for you!:tongue: )

A spring Chicken of the signworld at 32- had my own shop since 94- been hand lettering all my working life and maybe oneday will be some use to someone.

Based in South East England:brittain: ( 50 or so miles south of London and hang a left)

I've been a lurker here for a while- but could'nt keep quiet for long:U Rock:

Jillbeans

Hi Wayne!
Fancy meeting you here.
I am LUCKY enough to have Wayne's Baddly Dunn panel!
love....Jill
:brittain: :unclesam:

Attachments

• wayneosborne.jpg
    wayneosborne.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 135

njsigns

Wayne Osborne said:
Midhurst in West Sussex ( by the sea)-North of Portsmouth

Welcome Wayne - I too live in "West" Sussex - on the other side of the pond in Sussex, New Jersey. I have a client called Midhurst Tree Care. People are forever asking me "What the hell is Midhurst?" I always tell them a town in West Sussex, and they all look at me quite perplexed and anxious for me to point it out on a map of NJ. Needless to say, I don't.

I saw some of your work in another thread - got to tell you I love that Jeffersons sign. Beautiful work!

Welcome to :signs101: !!!

Gene

Wayne Osborne

Hi Gene!
well fancy that!- heres some pics of the town,
( Well- some shops..and the view from the church clock I gilded)

Attachments

• swan view.jpg
    swan view.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 102
  • jeffs.jpg
    jeffs.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 110
  • clcok.jpg
    clcok.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 110
  • church.jpg
    church.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 115

njsigns

Cool town, it must be nice living there. By the looks of it, I would imagine it to be. How much of the surrounding area is like that? You'll have to exuse my ignorance, but it's not at all like anything I am used to seeing - it's more like traveling back in time.

Nice job on the clock too - and there's Jefferson's! Was the town aerial shot taken from the clock scaffolding?

Very cool indeed, thanks for sharing!

Gene

Wayne Osborne

Yes - Thats the view from the top of the tower!
Buildings in town date from 1500-onward-and yes thers lot of loverly places around that look similar- with lots of countryside in between- I'm very lucky.

You can see where the need for lots of Hand lettering comes in with all those ancient buildings and Georgian and Victorian shopfronts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whew, glad to hear that. I thought you were showing us your striping capabilites on that pole sticking out... LOL

Nice work :thumb:

Wayne Osborne

Thanks Everybody
I thought you were showing us your striping capabilites on that pole sticking out.

:biggrin: - LOL yeah..my stripings a little better than that!( just)

I think thats just some tape...to let you know its there (Y'know -sticking out like that........so passers by don't bang their head on it................60 feet up..:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )