• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UK supplier with good after sales support?

DANNYB0Y

I'm looking for a printer/plotter.

Can any UK guys give me some advise on this?
Where did you get your Roland?
Hows the after sales service?

also....
I'm on a budget of around 4-5 grand, will I be able to get a printer/plotter for this?
What machine do you recommend/use?
I want to create (but not be limited to) canvas prints, window signs and vehicle graphics.

Any help appreciated.

Dan

DRPSignsNGrafix

i can not think of any machine that's a print/cut machine for that little of a budget. On average a new machine will be in the 12K area. But then again that's just here in the US. Are you looking to buy or lease?

DANNYB0Y

Hi Mike,
I want to buy.
If I cannot get a print and cut machine for my budget, I may just get a plotter for vinyl and a wide format printer to print canvas.
What machines would you recommend Mike?

If anybody in the UK knows some prices of print/cut machines please post.

Dan

Pro Image

4 to 5 thousand Pounds or US Dollars???????????? I think you can get a Roland 30in VersaCamm for 10,000.00 US that works out to around 5000 pounds..............If my math is still good.................lol

DANNYB0Y

sorry, yes, I meant pounds.
Is the Roland 30in VersaCamm still a good machine? Are there any limitations? (other than the size)

Pro Image

No its the same machine as the 540.........only print 30in.......Go to Rolands website and look a round.....................

Kelvyn

Hi

You might be able to pick up a Uniform Cadet, should be able to get one for around that price.

We have had the Cadet Plus in the shop for around 2 years and never had a problem with it (only reason it went was to get the grenadier 2)

Uniform are the same machines as Roland, but have a modified ink system. (we think it's better)

Last edited:

DRPSignsNGrafix

The versa cam 300 is the way to go in my opinion for that price. Sorry thought you meant 5k US dollars. It's a great machine. Size it the biggest draw back.

andy

Second hand cadet (30" versacamm modified for full solvent ink) run about 10 grand. Used are about 5 grand but you have all the drawbacks of buying an old machine.

Vinyl cutters- cheap chinese or proper high quality like summa's. Take your pick depending on what you want to spend and what size you want - 500 upto aroun 3 grand.

Canavs prints- you need a giclee printer or a high resolution interior machine like HP or cannon. if you went this route you should be able to get both vinyl and print for 5 grand but it will be tight and you might have to compromise on the quality of the vinyl cutter and go for the cheap chinese stuff which is based on old technology.

Don't get too excited about the $ to £ ratio. All the suppliers simply change the dollar sign to a pound sign- versacamm is $12k stateside, versacamm in blighty is £12k.

You can't buy from the US and ship over as Roland would kill any US dealer who even thought about it.