• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UL MET ETL. Which to choose? Recent experiences?

signlords

So my entire county pretty much requires every single sign be listed. Can't just show UL documentation on the PSU, LED's, etc. No sticker on the sign, no permit. So we are ready to take the intimidating journey. I search online and on these forums and could not find any real opinions from the past 2 years. Which company is more cost effective? Which easier/more helpful to work with? I believe ETL now also qualifies I have seen their sticker on signs but can't find anyones first hand experience with them. Any advice, opinions, etc would be greatly appreciated. I have also called MET and UL on the phone and both gave me rough figures of $2-5000 initial inspection/training. And $500-1000 quarterly follow ups. Neither would give me cold hard numbers without me starting the application process.