Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate Compact Paint Spray Booth

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by CL Visual, Feb 20, 2020.

1. CL Visual

CL Visual Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Copiague, NY
    Didn't know exactly where to put this. We are looking to add a paint booth to our shop. Trying to find the best option for us. Looking for a smaller booth. Possible about 10x8. I'm looking for different options. The shop is used for a lot of mixed uses and cars are sometimes kept inside so just spraying randomly no longer works. I'm not doing any big exterior or electrical work so this is all for acrylics and pvc that comes off our router for interiors.

I'll be purchasing the matthews paint system most likely so figured its time to step my game up. What type of setups are out there? Is open face good enough? Enclosed fully? Inflatable? Home made?

If possible, please post up some pictures of what you guys have. I'd love to get some ideas flowing.

2. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    Look up spraytech.com. I've used their table top system with a matthews set up with great success. I actually loved that set up.

3. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Enclosed booth is best. Stuff floats around with an open face (or with booth doors open). Open faced just doesnt create the airflow to clear the overspray.
    Need to vent up and out too and fire system. We have 2 booths. We double up paint arrestors and still get overspray on vehicles outside.
    Do you really need a mixing system? Just my opinion here but Id seriously look at buying premixed from an auto paint supply house. We spray 100+ gals a month and get it all made. Its easy to eyeball match colors with what you have laying around in a pinch and dont have near the labor time and expense of screwing with matching ourselves.
    Keep stock colors and then charge for custom mixes.
    If space is an issue and not spraying everyday look at a limited prep station. Its a curtain wall and filter setup with a charcoal filter you can move around. Could probably get away with not needing permits or fire supression since its portable.