• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultra removable vinyl for temporary outdoor use.

I have a customer that has a very large fleet of semi trucks. It would seem that on occasion they use temporary decals with an Illinois DOT number on them as well as company name that is screen printed in black ink onto the white "bumper sticker-like" material. The material has a slightly more matte texture than most calendered vinyls and we are looking for something similar but rather something we can make them with that could be digital printed rather than screen printed. These things will be used for very short periods of time on semi trucks and must remove easily days or weeks later.

Does anyone have a clue what I am referring to and what a suitable, printable replacement would be?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
BusMark or most any "transit" vinyl. We do a ton of buses so we always have BusMark on hand. Stuff removes beautifully. Just a couple of weeks ago myself and DrCas removed an entire full wrap from a 38' city bus in 1 hour flat. Zero adhesive, it had been on for 3 months.

borderswine

BusMark or most any "transit" vinyl. We do a ton of buses so we always have BusMark on hand. Stuff removes beautifully. Just a couple of weeks ago myself and DrCas removed an entire full wrap from a 38' city bus in 1 hour flat. Zero adhesive, it had been on for 3 months.

Do you guys laminate the Busmark for like a transit bus? If so, what do you like to use?

Thanks!!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Depends on the contract term for the ad. If its over 6 months we do laminate the ads and if its a full wrap using BusArt we will generally laminate that as well to make the material easier to handle during the install. We use Flexcon's matching laminates for their materials for this.

dustincg

Metro Mark

General Formulations has a product called Metro Mark that has a black removable adhesive designed to be used for the temporary side graphics on most buses. You could throw an inexpensive lam over it to make a nice removable decal.