• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultra Sonic Cleaner

darkorical

First off This is what I'm referring to
http://www.harborfreight.com/ultrasonic-cleaner-3305.html

I bought one of these years ago and tested it on unclogging the heads from a mimaki JV-3 the heads I tested were quite old and had been sitting for a long time before I attempted the clean before running them through the machine I could not pull or push ink through the heads after a couple cycles in it ink flowed freely. however after installing them in the printer the printer did not error out or anything they simply would not print. I was not able to determine if the issue was head or cleaner. I again find myself facing a clogged head and contemplating cleaning options. does anyone have feedback on if the issue was the cleaner or not.

TL:DR version --> Is it safe to attempt to clean a clogged head with one of these.
http://www.harborfreight.com/ultrasonic-cleaner-3305.html

Kottwitz-Graphics

The subject of ultrasonic cleaners came up for brush cleaning in another forum, and someone asked about the harbor freight cleaners, and the consensus was that a wet dog in january vibrates more than them....

From what I've seen from harbor freight tools, it's better to pass and spend the money on something that may cost a little more, but will actually last....

Andy D

I doubt it was the ultra sonic cleaner, we had the Print Head Doctor machine (worthless)
and it used a ultra sonic cleaner. What may have been the issue, is print heads have inner mechanics
that wear out over time, they could have been shot. Also, unless I'm mistaken, a print head can be shorted out...

I would try it again on another print head you have laying around.. but FYI, I have tried every trick in the book and
have had only limited success cleaning print heads.