• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UltraChrome GS3 Inks

CanuckSigns

I was told that the price is dictated by Epson and dealers weren't allowed to sell for less, but that might just be my dealer trying to avoid giving me a discount...

klingsdesigns

I was told that the price is dictated by Epson and dealers weren't allowed to sell for less, but that might just be my dealer trying to avoid giving me a discount...
That could be i see they have multi packs but the ink would be expired before i used 4 of the same color. You save a lot of money that way. Too bad you can mix and match colors.

Signed Out

Is there a difference in formulation between GS3 inks and GS3 3M MCS inks? Epson's website doesn't say that the ink is any different, just says that it carries the warranty if you've done the program. I'm guessing it's the same ink, just pay extra for the warranty?

To the original question, I've heard the same from suppliers about Epson controlling the pricing pretty good.

CanuckSigns

That could be i see they have multi packs but the ink would be expired before i used 4 of the same color. You save a lot of money that way. Too bad you can mix and match colors.

Yeah I've contemplated getting the 4 packs, but they would last about a year with our current use. This printer is really good on ink, I started a 625 sq ft print the other day that was mostly blue, the warning icon was already on for cyan before I started, I was able to run the whole job without having to change the cartridge, I was impressed.

klingsdesigns

Anyone know how long the ink topically has before it expires? Maybe i will just buy all 4 packs, or at least the cmyk since they go faster normally.