Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UltraChrome GS3 Inks

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by klingsdesigns, Aug 6, 2019.

1. klingsdesigns

klingsdesigns Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Where is the best place to buy these and best price.

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I was told that the price is dictated by Epson and dealers weren't allowed to sell for less, but that might just be my dealer trying to avoid giving me a discount...

3. klingsdesigns

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    That could be i see they have multi packs but the ink would be expired before i used 4 of the same color. You save a lot of money that way. Too bad you can mix and match colors.

4. Signed Out

Signed Out Very Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Is there a difference in formulation between GS3 inks and GS3 3M MCS inks? Epson's website doesn't say that the ink is any different, just says that it carries the warranty if you've done the program. I'm guessing it's the same ink, just pay extra for the warranty?

To the original question, I've heard the same from suppliers about Epson controlling the pricing pretty good.

5. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

That is correct, and if you price check multiple dealers you'll find Epson inks are the same price everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Yeah I've contemplated getting the 4 packs, but they would last about a year with our current use. This printer is really good on ink, I started a 625 sq ft print the other day that was mostly blue, the warning icon was already on for cyan before I started, I was able to run the whole job without having to change the cartridge, I was impressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. klingsdesigns

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Anyone know how long the ink topically has before it expires? Maybe i will just buy all 4 packs, or at least the cmyk since they go faster normally.

8. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

It's 3 years from date of manufacture. It says so right on the box and the cartridge label.

• Like Like x 1