• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultraflex 12oz Blockout banner

dypinc

No profile is going to help you with Ultraflex. With Ultraflex banner media the plasticizers come to the surface and cause problems with Latex ink. Use something else or whip it down with alcohol.

Vinyldog

Okay I was starting to get that idea. It prints great on my eco-solve printer. I used it many times for banner stands and artist canvas jobs but on the Latex the colors are washed out and banding is very evident.
I can't even remember how I came up with this profile I'm using. Obviously it's lightweight material so it can't stand a lot of heat, but if I could get more ink down I thought it might work.

Brandon708

That's odd. I print on Ultra Flex banner material just fine on the 360. I actually prefer it to other banner materials

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a 13oz Double Sided Blockout that is smooth on both sides and prints excellent in the Latex, if you don't get the Ultraflexx to work.

nate

No profile is going to help you with Ultraflex. With Ultraflex banner media the plasticizers come to the surface and cause problems with Latex ink. Use something else or whip it down with alcohol.

Perhaps in your experience but that's not mine. If you are seeing trouble your roll might have sat around for a while, and should be exchanged with your distributor. Normandy, Super Print and Jetflex all print very well using HP Latex technology. And if you go to any trade show you'll see ultraflex is the de facto for banner printing at the HP booth.

Brandon708

on my 360 I am using the Ultraflex Ultma Pro profile for Ultraflex Super Print 13 oz banner. It prints perfectly!

I have to assume that the profile you are using is not letting your inks cure properly.

Vinyldog

on my 360 I am using the Ultraflex Ultma Pro profile for Ultraflex Super Print 13 oz banner. It prints perfectly!

I have to assume that the profile you are using is not letting your inks cure properly.

Thank you, I will give that a try. I do like this material. It's light weight obviously. I wouldn't expect it to last a long time outdoors but for indoors and short term it has a nice leathery look people seem to like.

Vinyldog

"Ultraflex is the de facto for banner printing at the HP booth"

I wish HP had more profiles for UF and not so many for brands like Meevo and Nor.