• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultraflex Jetflex Banner Profile

VTSigns

What profile are people using for JetFlex banner material that is being printed on the HP L25500? I'm running Caldera 9. I have been using the profile off Ultraflex's website for over a year now and it works great on my 54" material but on my 38" material it seems to deform the media (make it wavy). This is something I lived with for a while now so it's not a huge issue but if there is a profile that works better then please share. I'm using the 10 pass option for both the 54" and 38". I have tried higher and lower number of passes. I have tried lowering the heat to where it doesn't deform the media but the ink isn't fully cured. Any input would be appreciated.

dypinc

As you go to higher passes you can lower the curing temps. The 38 must not be the same as the 54. Seems that this is becoming an increasing problem with Ultraflex. Material not always the same.

Are you getting ink coalescing with the 38 and not the 54?

ProColorGraphics

I am running the newest Caldera also. I use either the frontlit banner profile or the heavy fabric profile. Just depends if I need speed or quality, the heavy fabric setting produces better quality for me. I can recall that it does put a slight wave in it, but nothing that makes it unsaleable.

jayhawksigns

With the Key banner that we had been getting from Grimco I would have to run more passes on the 38" as well. I just chalked it up to the fact that since it was narrower media, that it didn't get as much cure time in the printer as the 60" would.