Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Un-Freakin-Believable

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by WildWestDesigns, Jan 15, 2011.

1. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Well in preperation of the new video card that will allow for 3 monitors, I went ahead and ordered the Cintiq 21UX before Christmas and at the time Amazon had it listed as delivering between 1-2 weeks. That was fine, at the worst it would put it between the end of Christmas and the New Year.

Well, between Christmas and New Year, I got an email saying that it was going to be delayed for an unknown amount of time. About a week later got another email saying that it was going to be delivered around Feb. 8. Just opened up my email today and low and behold, it is now going to be delayed until March 23-April 6. I'm not holding my breath on that one either.

I had toyed with the idea of going with the smaller one as that one ships in 1-3 days, but it's just too much of a drop in screen size for me to be happy with that decision.

Are the big Cintiqs that popular or is there something else going on in the background that they aren't able to keep up with?

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I dunno.

Here a while back, persons of a certain ethnic origin sparked a huge alarm when they dang near cleared the shelves of a certain brand of video game. Rumor had it they were taking them apart, removing some of the chips and using them in other "entrepreneurial" ways.

3. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Cancel the order and start cold calling these resellers until you find someone that has it physically in stock and will ship it same day....

http://www.wacom.com/wheretobuy/

4. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Laser pointer hobbyist guys did that to cheap bluray recorders when they first came out.

5. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    not that I don't like sign chit chat every freaking hour, 24-7-365...

...but that sounds like an interesting story for a change on a Saturday morning... got a link? (too cryptic for me.... never heard anything like this, so my curiosity is sparked...)

6. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    iSign-
    Check your PM

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    thanks!

8. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    me too! that story sounds interesting!

9. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    May I see a copy of the story too please??

10. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
  11. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
  12. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Well, you ARE NOT going to regres going with the 21ux! I got the previous model just before the newer one came out about a year ago as many did. From what I've read allot of people are trying to get that rather than the new one. Do a little research this could be a blessing in disguise.

13. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Somehow I had suspected that the military was using PS3's.

14. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
  15. MikePro

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    lol at the playstation chips story (taking chips/boards to control missles), and even more funny @ a response on the snopes board:
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT] [​IMG] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] posted 22 June, 2002 09:54 PM22. June 2002 09:54 PM [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] It's entirely possible.... No! Really!

I used my old Atari 2600 to control a missle battery that protected 6 cities! And I only had 1 joystick to do it with!
    [/FONT]

16. MikePro

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    o man... if that guy goes to jail for modifying xbox's, then a hell of a lotta people (and our tax dollars) are screwed as well.

17. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Doug my neighbor works for the lab that created this monster of PS3's. Its about 5 miles from my house. Pretty crazy but very true...it was all over our local paper so all the political reps could get in on the pics.

18. wetgravy

wetgravy Guest

OH YEAH! I remember that craze. Gaming consoles are normally powered enough that they have been thought to be originally military spec for over a decade now. That or originally of Alien design/origin. But you know ... one person says tomatoe, another might say "Don't probe me bro!"