• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Un-Freakin-Believable

WildWestDesigns

Well in preperation of the new video card that will allow for 3 monitors, I went ahead and ordered the Cintiq 21UX before Christmas and at the time Amazon had it listed as delivering between 1-2 weeks. That was fine, at the worst it would put it between the end of Christmas and the New Year.

Well, between Christmas and New Year, I got an email saying that it was going to be delayed for an unknown amount of time. About a week later got another email saying that it was going to be delivered around Feb. 8. Just opened up my email today and low and behold, it is now going to be delayed until March 23-April 6. I'm not holding my breath on that one either.

I had toyed with the idea of going with the smaller one as that one ships in 1-3 days, but it's just too much of a drop in screen size for me to be happy with that decision.

Are the big Cintiqs that popular or is there something else going on in the background that they aren't able to keep up with?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I dunno.

Here a while back, persons of a certain ethnic origin sparked a huge alarm when they dang near cleared the shelves of a certain brand of video game. Rumor had it they were taking them apart, removing some of the chips and using them in other "entrepreneurial" ways.

jiarby

Here a while back, persons of a certain ethnic origin sparked a huge alarm when they dang near cleared the shelves of a certain brand of video game. Rumor had it they were taking them apart, removing some of the chips and using them in other "entrepreneurial" ways.

Laser pointer hobbyist guys did that to cheap bluray recorders when they first came out.

iSign

I dunno.

not that I don't like sign chit chat every freaking hour, 24-7-365...

...but that sounds like an interesting story for a change on a Saturday morning... got a link? (too cryptic for me.... never heard anything like this, so my curiosity is sparked...)

CheapVehicleWrap

Well, you ARE NOT going to regres going with the 21ux! I got the previous model just before the newer one came out about a year ago as many did. From what I've read allot of people are trying to get that rather than the new one. Do a little research this could be a blessing in disguise.

MikePro

lol at the playstation chips story (taking chips/boards to control missles), and even more funny @ a response on the snopes board:
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] posted 22 June, 2002 09:54 PM22. June 2002 09:54 PM [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] It's entirely possible.... No! Really!

I used my old Atari 2600 to control a missle battery that protected 6 cities! And I only had 1 joystick to do it with!
[/FONT]

MikePro

o man... if that guy goes to jail for modifying xbox's, then a hell of a lotta people (and our tax dollars) are screwed as well.

rcook99

iSign said:
here is an interesting related story I found...

if we are doing this out in the open, it's not a stretch to believe others might do it in secret... (and it makes one wonder what we might have really been doing with that power... this story was one year ago:

http://www.stripes.com/military-life/turning-playstations-into-power-stations-1.99009

Doug my neighbor works for the lab that created this monster of PS3's. Its about 5 miles from my house. Pretty crazy but very true...it was all over our local paper so all the political reps could get in on the pics.

W

wetgravy

OH YEAH! I remember that craze. Gaming consoles are normally powered enough that they have been thought to be originally military spec for over a decade now. That or originally of Alien design/origin. But you know ... one person says tomatoe, another might say "Don't probe me bro!"