• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Unable to load cartridge into machine

Dennis Schaub

I have had my Edge FX for around 10 years. The cartridges have never loaded as easy I felt they should, usually have to jam them in with a fair amount of force. The flapper door also get caught on the side, like something isn't aligning properly. Today, the top doesn't seem to be lifting all the way and making loading the cartridges nearly impossible. After some googling, I decided I should grease the z-axis motor, but that didnt seem to help. Also went into diagnostics and attempted to increase the raise height, but I believe it was maxed out. Any other suggestions?

Thank You!

netsol

not to state the obvious, but repeated "jamming" of the cartridge has bent something

with laser printers, i normally use a cartridge with the retracting door removed, to be able to see what moves on insertion so i can tweak it

FunkotronXL

Start by checking your cartridges for wear-and-tear. If the delta/triangle shape on top of the cartridge at the corners is looking like it's been scraped off, should consider replacing it. Just a common red flag from years of working with these printers.

The more worn the cartridge is, the more it won't seat properly into the loading mechanism. Creates the potential for additional hardware failures due to excess resistance on the z-axis travel.

Gerber and suppliers consider the FX foil carriers as a "consumable" for this reason and recommending periodically replacing them.