Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to reset IP address on roland printer/versawroks dual

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Bryce I, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Bryce I

Bryce I I'm Brie

Jul 18, 2019
    Northern Ca.
    Hey ya'll
    We had a power surge over the weekend, and now both of our roland printers are unable to connect to versaworks.Just focusing on the primary printer at the moment. On the PC, in IP config, the IP address is set to 192.168.0.1. However in network connection details, DHCP is enabled and the auto auto config IP is totally different (169.254.142.185) Those are supposed to match right? I un-enabled dhcp, copied the IP and Gateway from IP config, and then reset the IP addr in the printer to 192.168.0.001. Then I go into versaworks, and give it the IP 192.168.0.001 Hitting the VERIFY button brings up a message that says "device not found or status not acquired correctly from the device." And that's where I'm stuck. any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Your printer IP and Computer IP need to have a different last number. Otherwise you get conflicting IP addresses. Change either the printer or computer IP to 192.168.0.2 and it should work. Just make sure if you change the printer IP to reflect that in Versaworks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address means you are not communicating with dhcp
    the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx is a valid address

if your network is nothing but a router, the port could need to reset, or it could be damaged
    try powering EVERYTHING down for about 10 minutes
    bring everything back up
    switch the network cables (the ports they plug into on your router or switch)
    make the printer something else 192.168.0.4 for example
    192.168.0.1 is reserved for your gateway/router

it sounds like you are doing almost all the right thngs

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Good call on that usually being the router IP. That could also be conflicting.