• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

unable to reset IP address on roland printer/versawroks dual

Bryce I

I'm Brie
Hey ya'll
We had a power surge over the weekend, and now both of our roland printers are unable to connect to versaworks.Just focusing on the primary printer at the moment. On the PC, in IP config, the IP address is set to 192.168.0.1. However in network connection details, DHCP is enabled and the auto auto config IP is totally different (169.254.142.185) Those are supposed to match right? I un-enabled dhcp, copied the IP and Gateway from IP config, and then reset the IP addr in the printer to 192.168.0.001. Then I go into versaworks, and give it the IP 192.168.0.001 Hitting the VERIFY button brings up a message that says "device not found or status not acquired correctly from the device." And that's where I'm stuck. any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your printer IP and Computer IP need to have a different last number. Otherwise you get conflicting IP addresses. Change either the printer or computer IP to 192.168.0.2 and it should work. Just make sure if you change the printer IP to reflect that in Versaworks.

netsol

a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address means you are not communicating with dhcp
the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx is a valid address

if your network is nothing but a router, the port could need to reset, or it could be damaged
try powering EVERYTHING down for about 10 minutes
bring everything back up
switch the network cables (the ports they plug into on your router or switch)
make the printer something else 192.168.0.4 for example
192.168.0.1 is reserved for your gateway/router

it sounds like you are doing almost all the right thngs