• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Undefined Media ValueJet 64"

SignsRus

Can I ever get a friday going without any issues?

Printed on some vinyl this morning no issue. Trying to get some 64" banner material loaded to run some banners, and I keep getting UNDEFINED MEDIA

RAWR

mcgrawdesigns

I have had the same error message on a couple of different occassions. One being the media is oversized (wider than the maximum size, even though it fits through the printer)just trim down the first 12" of media so that when the printer initializes it only reads a useable size. The other instance is when I try to print on a roll that has had prior printing on it and the roll still has the print banding on the edge. The print head sensor reads the ink and assumes that is the edge of the media. I feed about 6-8" of media through the printer before I turn it on and it initializes so as not to get that error message. Hope this helps.

SignsRus

I have had the same error message on a couple of different occassions. One being the media is oversized (wider than the maximum size, even though it fits through the printer)just trim down the first 12" of media so that when the printer initializes it only reads a useable size. The other instance is when I try to print on a roll that has had prior printing on it and the roll still has the print banding on the edge. The print head sensor reads the ink and assumes that is the edge of the media. I feed about 6-8" of media through the printer before I turn it on and it initializes so as not to get that error message. Hope this helps.

So weird. I put in an LG 64" roll of banner material that measures 63-1/4" in width, and it is fine. Yet I put in this other 64" banner material that measures 63" in width and it says undefined media.

And if I trim a few inches off the width of the material it will read it. *sigh*