• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Undefined Paper Rockhopper 38

whgjettdesigns

Just wondering what could be causing this? The media is where it should be and will not let me print because of the undefined paper message.

rosebud

What kind of media are you using?
Is it already printed on.. in the area you have the media set at where the print head moves over it?

whgjettdesigns

no it is not printed on. it doesn't matter what i put in there wheter it be paper banner material etc. its does it no matter what, and i went into exam mode and made sure the sensors were working correctly and they are.

rosebud

Check to see if your media is not blocking the two holes (sensor). If the media is over those holes completely you'll get errors like this. Those sensors need to be partly exposed and not covered completely. Check and see if that is your problem. Hope this helps!

zgraphics

or did the sensor laser moved out of position...? Check to see if the sensor is at an angel, this happened to me and I got the same message undefined.

MacDaddy

There is a "line" of holes running vertically... Make sure the medial "splits" the the center of holes... If it does, use a Q-Tip saturated with alcohol and clean the Media Edge Sensor... Is the media white? This sensor reads white vs. black (the black strip under the sensor path)... You can cheat when using colored media by cutting a piece of white media and placing it over the media you are printing on, letting the machine read it, then advancing the media forward enough to get the "dummy" piece out... Then advance the media backwards enough to get it to the starting point... Never lift-Up the lever during this procedure...

whgjettdesigns

none of this has helped, it seems like the heads arent going far enough to the left to even get to the media sensors, any suggestions?

rosebud

Maybe you need to clean your encoder strip.If you take off the top cover of your machine there is a strip of smoke colored plastic that runs on top of the machine..the head runs the width of this. You'll want to clean that and see if that helps.

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Just FYI, I just went through the same exact thing. Out of no where, I could not get past "undefined paper".

Sloution for me was SIMPLE, the Y-sensor was bad(probably very dirty). $55 or so from GEI Calgraph (and that was overnight service) and it now works perfectly.

My opinion, your Y paper sensor is either bad, or very dirty....this should be an easy fix.

Id just get a new sensor...it cant hurt to have a new one, and if that doesnt work, you eliminate that as a possibility period.

Good Luck! James