• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Underwater Decal - Adhesive Vinyl

CraftyChick

I'm looking to create a solid color decal to be installed on an in-ground pool (concrete with epoxy paint). Decal will be submerged for its entire lifespan (looking to get approx 5 years of wear). No printing needed. Thinking of using Oracal 951, but wanted to see if anyone had other/better suggestions for an adhesive vinyl that will hold up. Thanks!

ams

They make weighed vinyl for pools, you drop it in and it sinks to the bottom floor.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm looking to create a solid color decal to be installed on an in-ground pool (concrete with epoxy paint). Decal will be submerged for its entire lifespan (looking to get approx 5 years of wear). No printing needed. Thinking of using Oracal 951, but wanted to see if anyone had other/better suggestions for an adhesive vinyl that will hold up. Thanks!

AquaFlex® - Ultraflex

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now, that must be some really good sh!t. They can hardly get most vinyls printed or non..... to last 5 years, but this stuff will give you five years under constant water and facing the sun 100%

Christian @ 2CT Media

Tech sheet measures life in hours? I am guessing this is for short term application - weekend pool party kind of thing.

http://www.ultraflexx.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/AquaFlex-TDS.pdf

Weathering, Xenon ASM D1499 No Significant Loss of Properties 200 hrs
Weathering, QUV ASM G53 No Significant Loss of Properties 1500 hrs
That's accelerated testing those 1500 hours are equivalent to 5 years.

Aquaflex is an awesome product, it creates a vacuum when sinking that sucks it to the floor, then you can smooth it out with a standard pool broom.

Circleville Signs

giphy.gif