• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unexpected end of job error

Jb1983

How much money in wasted material is this production manager going to cost me? This happens from time to time and drives me nuckin futs!!! Printing ij180 and 6ft in to a job production manager just closes itself and I get this error. I’ve had this happen plenty of times now who’s stupid idea at HP was it to have the data being sent bit by bit rather than just sending the whole print to the printer at the start?
I’m updated to the latest firmware as far as I know, this has been a problem on every firmware I’ve had since I got this machine a year and a half ago.

Attachments

• 47BBF842-3732-4641-9BF4-283287A0E522.jpeg
    47BBF842-3732-4641-9BF4-283287A0E522.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 576

Christian @ 2CT Media

Does flexi have the ability to cache the prints? In Onyx we have it caching 25% of the jobs ahead of time... It appears the HP Latex can handle up to about 800mb of pre-cached prints.

Also you may need to check your network and connectivity. Is your printer static or DHCP?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i would start by disabling power management.
control panel, system, power, set to sleep or hybrrnate NEVER
then go file explorer, right click computer >properties> device manager> choose network adaper>properties>power management. uncheck allow windows to allow this device to sleep or whatever it says (it never recognizes that a print job is going on)

Jb1983

I will look in to the cache option, wasn’t aware of this.

I never had this issue ever with my Mimaki, with that printer my computer could go to sleep and the print would just pause, and as soon as the computer was touched/woken up it would resume!
When production manager closes there’s no way to restart the print other than from the beginning so it’s just wasted material. Is this a me only issue or have other users had this happen?

it’s not a power management problem as my computer is not sleeping. There’s also no consistent timing to when it just closes the production manager. I’ve had it close when it’s only been open for 15 minutes. It’s super frustrating.

ikarasu

9/10 times it's a networking issue. I'd start bu buying a new wire for you're printer and for your PC.. costs like $5 which is nothing compared to losing material. Then I'd try a new router... Doesn't even have to be a fancy one. Odds are one of the three has a weak signal and is losing connection.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
I will look in to the cache option, wasn’t aware of this.

I never had this issue ever with my Mimaki, with that printer my computer could go to sleep and the print would just pause, and as soon as the computer was touched/woken up it would resume!
When production manager closes there’s no way to restart the print other than from the beginning so it’s just wasted material. Is this a me only issue or have other users had this happen?

it’s not a power management problem as my computer is not sleeping. There’s also no consistent timing to when it just closes the production manager. I’ve had it close when it’s only been open for 15 minutes. It’s super frustrating.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
jb1983

humor me & check the power management in device mgr.
these are 2, different events, the pc doesn't have to go to sleep
i have customer service agents disconnected from a server in. the middle of entering a 2000 item order, 1 item every 2 or 3 seconds. windows just seems to be oblivious to what we are doing

stxrmxn

I started having this issue when i moved my printer. Previously had no issues. Printer was connected straight to computer running flexi. Drove me mad because i would set multiple jobs off at night only to come in the morning after and find the printer had cancelled on the 3rd job.
So... i got to thinking why is this happening only after i moved the printer, well we used to run a roland and the HP off the same pc so had a splitter switch for the network cables.
Sounds ridiculous but i plugged the printer into a new splitter switch and the splitter switch into the PC never had the issue again.
Try it.

Attachments

• IMG_20191130_081923.jpg
    IMG_20191130_081923.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 269

Jb1983

Ok, so as far as power management goes even when my computer does go to sleep (4hours untouched) the production manager doesn’t always close. so that’s not my issue.
plus I’ve had it close when I’m only 10 minutes in to a print.

as for the network connection, I could try a new switch but losing internet or connectivity doesn’t cause production manager to just close so I don’t think it’s that. That’s the thing it doesn’t seem like a connection issue rather the software just closes itself randomly.

richsweeney

I agree with the above suggestions, You should also make sure you are not daisy chaining your switches. In other words, every switch in your shop should have a shielded cable back to your main switch. Onyx had me plug our both our hp printers and rip into a single business class switch.

The other low possibility, is a postscript error, assuming it is only with that file.

Jb1983

Thanks for the suggestions. I have 1 switch that plugs directly in to my router and runs my computer,printer and cutter.

2CT Media- How do I setup my printer directly to my computer without the ethernet/network?

Melks

I have owned my Hp Print and Cut Solution for almost 2 years now and have had this issue occur every once in a while. I always try to make sure my firmware is up to date. I have my pc, printer and cutter all connected via ethernet right to my router with their own independent cables. An IT professional set up a manual IP address for the printer vs auto. For some reason I think its Flexi that could be the culprit. Not always, but often the software shuts down after completing jobs forcing me to re-open it to complete the next job.

Pixelsnuffy

I´ve had this problem from time to time also, especially when printing 3+ meter files. Very frustrating. However, i solved the problem by converting the PDF-files to Jpegs instead. That seems to work.