• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ungrouping in Flexisign

duggan

I have created some cut vinyl in Adobe Illustrator and saved it as an .eps file so that I could open it in Flexisign and be able to rearrange the text and then cut it.
When i open it in Flexisign I can not rearrange it. Its not grouped or anything like that. Any suggestions?
Thanks

gnatt66

sometimes when i save from illy and open in flexi there is a mask that 'holds everything together" i direct select the background area and clear the mask then i can go in and change stuff.

duggan

How do you direct select the background?
Don't mean to sound stupid - I'm just trying to figure it out!
Its frustrating!
I'm using Flexi 7.0

907customs

yeah, right click on the lettering, and "unmask", if there is a black background at that point, just delete it. At this point if any of it is grouped together, you should be able to ungroup it.

Sign Works

How do you direct select the background?
Don't mean to sound stupid - I'm just trying to figure it out!
Its frustrating!
I'm using Flexi 7.0

Go to the Arrange menu and click on Unmask, you should now see the mask as a black object/rectangle, select it and delete it.

gabagoo

sometimes I receive files from designers and for whatever reason there can be countless masks and as you break them down and delete the black boxes, you have to be careful because you can delete pertinent info.
Not sure what causes that but it is a pain at times.