• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unknown Summa Machine

apex666

Hi everyone I have been given a older Summa machine but am unsure on what model it is, which is annoying as I cannot find the correct drivers for it to run. I have attached a image of the machine hopefully the experts can identify the machine from the pic there is no stickers on the machine saying what model it is.

It looks like a 1300mm wide machine looking at the ruler on the front of the machine.

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_102003.jpg
    IMG_20190413_102003.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 320

apex666

Well I think its a Summa might be something else entirely... Sorry just got given the thing and now stuck trying to set it up its super fast and for overall big signage she would be perfect to have running.

Kottwitz-Graphics

That's not like any Summa that I've ever seen, but I've only been looking at them since about 2000. This may be an earlier model. There should be a serial number tag on the back. Can you get a picture of it?

If it is a Summa, man, that's a testament to the quality of their machines. I should know. I bought mine in 2005 or 2006, and the only thing I've had to do is change the head on mine, but only because the prongs that hold the blade broke...

apex666

That's not like any Summa that I've ever seen, but I've only been looking at them since about 2000. This may be an earlier model. There should be a serial number tag on the back. Can you get a picture of it?

If it is a Summa, man, that's a testament to the quality of their machines. I should know. I bought mine in 2005 or 2006, and the only thing I've had to do is change the head on mine, but only because the prongs that hold the blade broke...

The only number I get off the machine is '0617' Like I say not sure if it is a Summa or early days before Summa came up....?

FrankW

I know all Summa machines since the 90s, and havent ever seen this model. For me it looks like something from China.

Jburns

I beleive it to be chinese also. A giveaway may be the font used on the controll buttons.
And - the tool carriage looks like the chinese series units.

Bert Wondervan

Hi everyone I have been given a older Summa machine but am unsure on what model it is, which is annoying as I cannot find the correct drivers for it to run. I have attached a image of the machine hopefully the experts can identify the machine from the pic there is no stickers on the machine saying what model it is.

It looks like a 1300mm wide machine looking at the ruler on the front of the machine.

This makes it easy to know what brand and model your machine is. Download and install the trial version of CADLink SignLab Cut Pro, and select and install all drivers from Summa machines and test it one by one to find the right model.
In case your machine is not a Summa, you can try the other brand. This program supports most old and new machines.

Good luck,

Download the Trial version of SignLab Cut Pro:
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/SL10Trial.exe

This trial version is compatible with Windows 10, 8.7. You can also use this machine in Windows 3.1, 95, 98, Win XP and Vista. You need the older version of SignLab for this.

apex666

Thanks so much guys I am gonna try go through a couple drivers and just test till I find the right one :)
Will keep you all updated once I win :D

FrankW

If it would be a summa (I don't believe it), you don't need to test every summa driver. Regularly, all Summa Plotters are DM/PL-driven, and if you test your plotter with an old SummaCUT D500 or D1220-Driver and it won't work, it won't work with all other summa cutter drivers either.

Some plotting softwares (like Flexi) have generic HP/GL- or HP/GL2-Drivers. This is something you should give a try. Could be that you need to configure the plotting language in the menu, some Summas could recognize the plotting language automatically (if they are configured to do so). Be aware of that newer summa cutters selecting a cutting language depending on the first job sent after booting, and need a reboot for being prepared again to select a cutting language automatically.

This of course will work with a Non-Plug-and-Play-connectable plotter only (with a serial or parallel port). If you need a specific USB-Device Driver, you are lost if the summa driver won't work.