• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unlaminated vinyl prints...how long do they last?

synergy_jim

Wondering how long unlaminated prints will last outdoors.

We print on vinyl and apply to substrate. Roland Eco solvent inks.
I almost always laminate prints unless it's for very temporary, indoor signage like a presentation cheque for a press conference or a one-day event sign.

I was asked to supply a quote for 500 coroplast signs. They are yard signs for an election. I always thought that anything outdoor should be laminated if it's going to be there for more than a few days but I've noticed that might not be the case.

Can anyone tell me how long outdoor, unlaminated prints have lasted in your experience? I plan to pass along the savings to the customer - I just want to be able to give them a really great price and if there's no need to laminate then why bother?

I realize flat-bed printing might be the most cost effective option for this job so if anyone wants to PM me with a quote to print this job on 4mm coroplast and ship them to Sudbury, Ontario Canada....

Sizes are (350) 2' x 2', (50) 4' x 8' and (100) 2'x3'

why would you even consider printing and sticking coro with vinyl in that qty???? outsource it... the price will be less than what you have in vinyl / ink / labor

d fleming

why would you even consider printing and sticking coro with vinyl in that qty???? outsource it... the price will be less than what you have in vinyl / ink / labor

Depends on the art. Is the candidates photo on it? Yes= digital, no = screen print. 500 is only 50 4x8 sheets of coro. Print, slam, slice, check. No lam.

Mosh

If you do plan to print this yourself use a matte finish film and NO lam. Gloss finish the prints seem to stick together when stacked and the matte finish does not.

Mosh

I take it you have a shear and a slitter to cut them down?
I will say this again, Firesprint will print them for less than what you are going to have in materials, let alone time.