• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unlock/Activate JV33 Solvent Inksets from aqueous setup

Visualrelay

Hello,

Just a quick post to try and save me the ridiculous tech call out fee for something that users should be able to select.

I have a JV33 that apparently has been set up and locked as a dye sub aqueous setup.
When I try to change to ES3 Inkset this option isn't available.

Can anyone help me activate/unlock the solvent Inksets for my JV33

Thank you

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If it gives you other ink options then it might be running an earlier firmware when ES3 did not exist.

Also though, if it was factory configured as a dye sub machine there is also the possibility that many of the parts are NOT solvent resistant. You can get a DX5 printhead with an aqueous manifold or a solvent manifold. The solvent one costs a bit more.... You can run aqueous inks fine in a solvent resistant part but you cannot run solvent inks in and aqueous part. I'm honestly not sure if Mimaki used any aqueous "only" parts on factory configures aqueous JV33 machines though.

Anyways - attached are a couple of Mimaki documents on ink change procedures and compatibilities.

Attachments

• Explanation about ink_JV5,33,CJV30,.pdf
    333 KB · Views: 215
  • JV33Series_Supplement_D202055_V1.0.pdf
    644.5 KB · Views: 323

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki does not use any aqueous DX5 heads in JV33s or CJV30s even if they are using dye sub inks so that won't be a problem.

Try this:

Turn the machine on with the Function and Remote buttons pressed. Once the machine starts up, hit function and go to the "#Adjust" menu. Now look for "Default Set" and hit enter. Now look for "Custom Param" and hit enter. It will ask you "Initialize Parameter?" hit yes and then restart the machine once the menu returns. This should allow you to select a different ink type once you restart.

Try at your own risk. I cannot promise this will work as I know the parameters that change the ink system but it would take too long to explain the exact ones on here. Resetting all of the custom parameters should reset all of the parameters that affect the ink type and color but I have not experimented with it yet.

Visualrelay

Hi guys,

thanks for the replies.

yes, it's an actual solvent jv33
i have seen the aqueous models of the jv33 without the heaters etc, but this model isn't one of them.

also it's running firmware 5.2 so the es3 should be available.

thanks