• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unplugged cable cards to black and cyan print heads, now won't print?

Rednapew

Hello Rolanders....
Well I have replaced all the problem parts i could..... my VP540 prints yellow and magenta.... and also cuts...
the issues with my print heads not printing happened right after i had unplugged them.
the pump pulls ink through heads and capping station as well as loads the dampers... is there something i am missing regarding unplugging the cable cards/flat ribbon data cables to the printheads? (did not unplug from the print carriage board, just on the print heads themselves)

Mike001

I can only assume that you have damaged the ribbon cables. They are quite fragile.
I did the same thing to my Mimaki printer and had to replace the cables to get it working again.

As an aside, when I did that I also managed to get ink onto the print head circuit board.... destroyed the head which also took out the slider board.
$4500 later *sigh*

RPMGraphics

RPM Graphics
Hello Rolanders....
Well I have replaced all the problem parts i could..... my VP540 prints yellow and magenta.... and also cuts...
the issues with my print heads not printing happened right after i had unplugged them.
the pump pulls ink through heads and capping station as well as loads the dampers... is there something i am missing regarding unplugging the cable cards/flat ribbon data cables to the printheads? (did not unplug from the print carriage board, just on the print heads themselves)

I had the same problem myself about 3 weeks ago and learned a valuable lesson in return....I unplug the print head cable to the black and plugged it back up only to find out it stopped printing black and cyan...after a few days of research I come to find out I blew the fuse to the black and cyan ....simply because I didn't unplug the printer from the power source before I unplugged the print cable.. I hope this helps you in pin pointing the problem...

Rednapew

I had the same problem myself about 3 weeks ago and learned a valuable lesson in return....I unplug the print head cable to the black and plugged it back up only to find out it stopped printing black and cyan...after a few days of research I come to find out I blew the fuse to the black and cyan ....simply because I didn't unplug the printer from the power source before I unplugged the print cable.. I hope this helps you in pin pointing the problem...

Thank you for the help... i did think of that... the fuses are new and are fine as in they are intact... I did replace them... i learned the same lesson... i totally remove power from any machine i work on usually... i forgot to turn the main off and did the same as you had done, however i have since replaced the fuses, and other parts and everything works fine except for printing... going to try a print head rank reset... if that does not work i will swap cables (with power unplugged totally) to see to determine if it is bad print heads...

FrankW

Head rank reset will not lead to anything.

Check the fuses with a voltmeter ... perhaps you have an issue which blows the fuses everytime after replacing it.

FrankW

the fuses DO NOT blow... they are intact and not blowing

Sorry, english is not my native language, perhaps there is a misunderstanding. Of course fuses don't "blow". How do you check that the fuses are ok?

When the fuses are ok and the printhead is filled with ink, but the heads don't print, you should be aware of that something other than the fuses on the mainboard is damaged.

Rednapew

I am confident I found the issue with my black and cyan printheads... the print heads work fine... i swapped the magenta cable cards to the cyan and black in turn and the B&C printed so it is not the print heads.... the F2 fuse did burn out (blow)... i followed the problem to the transistors TR 1, TR 6 for the Cyan Print head.... and TR 10, TR 14 for the Black Print Head. my printer was moved and ink spilled onto the board... i found where there was ink on the connections to the main board... i do not believe the main board is toast.. because everything else works totally fine... usually when the main board is toast... nothing works... in my experience anyways... anywho thank you for all the help and advice... I will work this out one way or another... but if it is not the transistors... then i know it is the mainboard...bummer if it is... i do not have that kind of cash lying around