• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unprepared customer = $$$

Tim Aucoin

Don't ya just love it when you work for 2 days on over $5K worth of signs, brochures, cards, etc... for a customer attending a trade-show... And on the morning (TODAY) that they are setting up their booth (show starts tomorrow), they decide that a bunch of the signs you did are not the right size!!! Yes, they were produced to exact specs provided, but that was before they had their booth built!!! Now I am re-running 4 large (4' x 5') ones and 4 smaller ones (22" x 19"). They are all printed, laminated, mounted to sintra and trimmed. The great part of it is now these re-runs become RUSH charge applicable!!! :clapping: I have a feeling that this $5K job will be a tad over $6K today... woohoo!!! :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 51

heyskull

That's just like a customer we have had on the phone this afternoon. Ranting that "we have printed all his business cards, stationery, signs and vehicles with the wrong phone number"!!!! Strange though isn't it that he supplied all his details on a word document and we have just copied them and pasted into our file! Also he was given an approved several proofs with all this information on! ...... It's not my fault....... ...... but I'm the baddy.... SC

Kottwitz-Graphics

Ihad a customer last night (art museum) tell me that the letterin gthat i cut was the wrong size.

I did some wall lettering back in November for an art exibit, last week they sent an email they neeeded new lettering for a new exibit. I did it all like i did back in november. Well they decide that they want all upper case now. So i sent a new proof (with all the sizes indicated) and they approve it. I show up to install it, and the woman argues that the letters are taller than the previous job. Mypartner pulles out the approved drawings from this job and the previous job and shows her that they were the same size.She then tells us the letters are taller than we say they are, until we hold a tape measure up showing her the size of the letters... the exact sam esize the drawing shows....

Some peoples kids....