• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unrecognize print on Vutek 5330

abboud911

I face problem on Vutek 5330 , the machine work properly but when we send file for printing it output unrecognize printing in some place of the width of the machine.
and the same thing for the jet test.(some color from the image source shifted about 15 cm for example only magenta or only cyan)
another problem we face when the carriage go to measure the width of the media , some time it does not find the media and some time it find it and some time it show that it find more than one roll with zero width for all rolls.
we try to change controller board, pixel board, amplifier board, Carriage interface board , Encoder head reader , Media sensor , Long Data Cable (Cable jet driver)
but the 2 problems still exist , I need any suggest for this problem
Please see the attachment picture for more details

Best Regard

Attachments

• printing 3.jpg
    printing 3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 132

baijurj

Hi I am not sure if your issues got solved, as for the color shifting, it looks like the encoder cable problem - or may be a ripping problem - did you try a low res rip? as for your second problem, it has got to do with the media sensor sensitivity, does it happen with backlit flex or with all media? try and adjust the sensitivity.

Baiju

Wintersun

again, we had similar problems,
do you defrag your hard drive regularly ?
amazingly we found a very similar problem to be related to the sony linear strip encoder not being able to get the data synced and fetched from the hard drive quick enough as it was fragmented from copying large files to and from the vutek.

caused us all sorts of print related sync problems and print failures..
amazingly a new faster secondary hard drive did the trick, as long as we remember to empty and defrag the drive regularly everythings ok.