• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unusual Job.

Jillbeans

Many years ago, at least ten I think, I painted a Harley for my friend Denny.
He wanted eagles and feathers on it.
It was his absolute pride and joy.

We go back a long time.
He had this really unique gravelly yet soft voice and sounded like he ate rusty razorblades and broken light bulbs for breakfast.
He had cheekbones like geometry and a beard like Abraham Lincoln.
He knew everybody and everybody knew him.
We had been both deeply affected by the suicide of a mutual friend in the early 1990s.
We used to try and outbid each other in a friendly rivalry kind of way at the local auction on Saturday nights.
He passed away in 2009 after a very long illness.

His wife Mary brought me this little mini gas tank last week, she's been waiting for it to be painted so that I could handpaint it.
It will be used as an urn for Denny's cremains.

I only had one blurry old pic to go from so I sort of winged it.
But I think Denny would have been pleased, and Mary loved it.
It was a fast easy paint job, almost like Denny was looking over my shoulder (in a nice way)
And yes the tank was empty.
I also gave her this little teeny old retro looking 1950's electric fan that I nabbed for $5 one time at the auction, which Denny was bidding on too.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 119
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 104
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 91
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 109

phototec

Last Ride

Great Job Jill, and a very neat idea, I ride a 2000 HD Deuce, and this gives me an idea for when I make that last ride.

Can you tell me where to get one one those little gas tanks?

Thanks