• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UP and Running w PNC1000 but a simple question

rickCAD

Hey, i want to thank everyone for helping me understand this thing...
And I'm got it about as good as I'm going to get it with a few minor things that get in the way...

Like HOW IN THE HELL do you empty the buffer when you want to stop a print. There has got to be a simple way. Say i've got the image out of bounds and of course when starting the pen goes off to the opposite edge or something. So i go to the printer control on the computer and 'cancel all documents' then i reload on the roland. the problem is the pen goes out of bounds again... even after i kill the power...
I go thru so many steps i don't even know how im doing it.... but there has GOT TO BE A FAST WAY TO EMPTY THE BUFFER....!!!! Anybody what to give me a clue??

The only other problem I'm really having is having the area on the computer in COREL x3 match the area of the plotter. The document shown on the computer in corel is way out of the area i seem to be able to work in. I'm not sure what really to change to get it correct. So i have to position it by trial and error with the cutter in and out. Any quick suggestions?

thanx to all
and have a good day... (my therapist said i should always add that)
rick :Coffee::beer

AUTO-FX

yeah, i dont think you are able to clear the buffer on that model. raise the lever, remove the pen, and let it run through.

rickCAD

even powering off doesnt seem to completely empty the buffer......
and letting it run without the pen... hmmmm i quess that should work
although i've never really waited..... ill give it a try....
BUT... I've just discovered the BUF-CLR command and or the ESC-E key
would work but only for serial...... hmmmmmmm

thanks

OldPaint

if your cutting from corel, and your using the 27290.EXE drivers, you set the page size IN THAT! this should be 19.50 X 62.00! now in corel, open print set up, choose PNC-1000, GO ADVANCED, make a page in there 19.50 x 62.00. exit by saying OK to all. now go to page setup in corel, SET FROM PRINTER, make sure its landscape, and then say ok, you should see a page in corel desktop, showing a regtangle, 19.50 X 62.00. where ever you place the object you want to cut on that page, that is where it will cut it on the vinyl. mine was lower left corner, if you standing in front of plotter, object will be in the lower RIGHT CORNER on the vinyl.

rickCAD

Wraps is probably right on turning it on to soon..... I'll give it a little more time next time.

Old paint... I'm going to to try that first thing in the morning.... thats just what i wanted to here

thanxxxxxxxx agaginnnnnnn

CheapVehicleWrap

I remember having to turn it off more than once....many times and I've always waited 10-15 seconds+ before re-powering ANY electronics.

rickCAD

Thickness of blade on the old pnc-1000

BTW......
I'm using a ROLAND 45 cutting blade.... and I KNOW IT'S A MATTER OF DEGREE.... like the material and all but.... is there a general lenght or amount of time someone could get me in the ball park of how long the blade can last.....???? I'm sorta experimenting with how fine the width of the finished piece is and i see that it can be a dependent on the material thk and all. But on the other hand.... ive only gone thru a 2 yards by 14" material and maybe its time to change blades.... Them things are sooooo smalll.... hmmmmmmmmm