• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Up-Date from Katt re: Specific Vinyl Printing

Katt

Hi folks...

Thanks again for the helpful feedback the other week re: my very specific static cling vinyl needs.

I have yet to receive a sample from Gerber. However, I just received some prototypes & samples from Summa. The Seattle Rep. was amazingly helpful and approachable, btw, and I received the work very quickly.

As some of you warned, the photographic quality *was* compromised with the thermal resin printing on such a small surface/canvas. But, at least I was expecting this. Otherwise, for larger static cling vinyl purposes & contour cutting, the Summa seems like it would be ideal.

So, we'll likely be outsourcing to a 3rd party for large format printing with solvent [or super durable eco-solvent]. And perhaps we'll add lamination if it will make a meaningful difference for our use [the Roland prototypes are pretty great unlaminated, but some "pull up" is occuring after the 100th use or so where two edges overlap].

Anyway, just wanted to send in an up-date. Thanks again... -Katt