• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on Graphtec Contour Probems!!!

PMG

Still no call back from TECH!!!!!!!!!!!! I ran 5 more test runs to try to pin point what was going on,and each time was the same results.now that i caught up on my sleep and my eyes are not half shut,,heres a to the T layout!!!

Last edited:

Mod14

If you haven't already done so, you may want to try setting your registration mark (under contour options) to "Graphtec Type 1 Automatic". Good luck with your problem!

PMG

Thanks for the reply!!!!Should i change that as well within the Graphtec cutter along with Flexi!

PMG

I changed it to type 1 in the cutter and in flexi,,and the first test well it seems to be 100% better now!!!! Running a few more to make sure!!! THANKS!!!

PMG

ALL TEST CUTS ARE PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS MOD14!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: now i will be up all night ,i have 1000 stickers to print and cut!!!!!!

PMG

LOL im like a pig in chit now.... I'm up and printing again,and no sooner than i started......Santana came on XM with the song I'm Winning and as i was singing it,i changed the words to I'm Printing.................................

One day I was on the ground
When I needed a hand
And it couldnt be found
I was so far down
That I couldnt get up
You know and
One day I was one of lifes losers
Even my friends were my ac-cus-ers
And in my head
Lost before Id begun

I had a dream
But it turned to dust
What I thought was love
That must have been lust
I was living in style
When the walls fell in
When I played my hand
I looked like a joker
Turn around
Fate must have woke her
cause lady luck she was
Waiting outside the door

Chorus:

Im Printing
Im Printing
Im Printing
And I dont intend on losing it again

Too bad it belonged to me
It was the wrong time
And I meant to be
It took a long time
And I knew for now
I can see the day
That I breath for
Friends agree theres a need
To play the game
And to win again

Chorus:
Im Printing
Im Printing
Im Printing
And I dont intend on losing it again

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Glad it's working but someone has some 'splaining to do. Either the descriptions of the problem were not correct and the error was indeed cumulative and not an absolute shift as described or else there's mice loose in the washroom.

If the error was indeed cumulative and changing from type 2 to type 1 marks fixed it then one would just naturally suspect the plotter's Sensor Offset Adjustment of being less than optimum. There's another, far more esoteric, possible cause for these circumstances but it involves long division and trigonometric functions to confirm it.

If the error was an absolute shift as described then fixing the problem by changing from type 2 to type 1 marks invokes some principle unknown to me and I'd really like a cogent explanation of the mechanism at work here.