• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Updated my website with lots of hand carved signs

signmeup

Haven't been here in ages. It looks like printedsigns101 since I last stopped by. To combat this I hope you will click my website link and look at some hand carved stuff. www.showpiecesigns.com
Let me know if the site works for you.

Adrian

signmeup

Thanks Marlene. It's a work in progress... but it's a start. (In fact... I'm working on it as we speak)

Nice to hear from you BTW.

rjpjr

Glad to see you peek in Adrian.
Miss seeing your posts.
Always enjoy your sense of humor, knowledge and skills.
Love the dimensional stuff.

signmeup

Hey guys! Thanks for looking in. I re-updated it about half an hour ago. Added a portfolio landing /distributing page to make navigating easier. I will be adding articles and text type content as I go along. I have neglected my site for at least 3 years and I need to get back into it.

The pop up images are cool and I can also add a bit of text to each one that appears below the picture when it is "popped". It's a feature of Xara. You can open all the photos and move them around the page too. Try it... it's fun!

Xara is WYSIWYG web site/photo editor/vector program that could teach Corel and Illy a thing or two. It's worth having just to make simple websites for the 100 bucks it goes for. Very slick program. Not worth a darn for working between programs though. It makes it's own "xar" files. You can't export or import much with it. It's their downfall. Everyone would use it if they could make it play well with others. It can do things to objects that Illy and Corel just can't do.

Adrian

signmeup

I have to re-do the sign me up website now. It's pretty bad... very 80's. No where to go but up though! It will have all the regular sign stuff and vehicle graphics and somehow direct people who want carved stuff to the other site. With my keen abilities in SEO it shouldn't matter how I achieve this. lol. Both sites are really just brochures for the local area.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Thanks for letting us know about the program that you used for creating the site.

I do have a question about the signs you have done. What material are you using for them? Several look like PVC, but several look like HDU. Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance.

signmeup

The signs are all Corafoam HDU from Dunna in Texas. I use the green 15 pound stuff. The paint is all Pittsburgh Sunproof latex. A couple of the signs use Magic Sculpt for detals. The sail boat one and blackberry one from memory.

Check out Xara... it's really a good program. It also has a very large, helpful community on the web.

Adrian

Joe Crumley

Congratulations on the website and filling us in on your progress. We need more posts like this. It's inspirational. Wish you lived closer! Joe Crumley

signmeup

No one has raised any issues with the site itself... which kinda surprises me. I though surely there would be something.