• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Updated: Two Wasatch RIPs, two GS6000, one won't print.

twmiller24

I'm printing to two Epson GS 6000's from Wasatch RIP, which we have installed on two computers. On the first computer (Wasatch 6.9), I get an network error message when I try to print to the first printer, yet I'm able to print to the second printer fine. The second computer (Wasatch 7.0) prints fine to the first printer. I can ping the first printer and print to it from the second computer, so it is responding on the network. Any ideas or solutions?
Updated: Now, the second computer just interrupted a print with the network error message, so neither computer is printing to it.

Last edited:

FatCat

Are both copies of Wasatch different builds/serial #'s, and are the computers on the same network?

*BTW - Why are you running 2 printers from 2 different copies of Wasatch?
(Wasatch handles up to 4 devices with only 1 copy - 1 que for each device.)

twmiller24

Yes, Wasatch is different builds and serial numbers. We had to have an updated Wasatch to run the SC 70670, and we already had an older version that we upgraded. It's a bit of protection against one computer crashing and shutting us down for a day or two. Both computers are on the same network.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Definitely check the IP addresses. The first three numbers of the IP address should be the same on the computers and the printers. I.E 192.168.1. The last number should be different on all of the computers and printers. I.E Computer 1: 192.168.1.10, Computer 2: 192.168.1.11 etc. Otherwise I would say you have an issue with your router/switch or cables.