Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating firmware on GS6000

Discussion in 'Epson' started by typeshluder, Feb 14, 2011.

1. typeshluder

typeshluder New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    We've been having all sorts of issues with our printer. I'm pretty sure it's Colorburst, but wanted to be sure by updating the firmware.

I know I need to go open EpsonNet> Tools> Firmware Update

It then says to find the update file (.efu), which is where I'm lost. I can't find this file and when I search for .efu I get no results. What am I missing here?

Using 64-Bit Vista if that matters any.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    did you recieve any sort of file from anywhere? or are you trying to blindly update the firmware?

3. typeshluder

typeshluder New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    It updates it through EpsonNet, but I can't locate the original file to update.

Edit: Maybe I'm confused. I thought it searched for updates itself when I clicked on "Firmware Update". I guess I need to download an update and find it through "Firmware Update" instead, which would explain why I couldn't find the file. Doh!