• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Updating Firmware on GX-500 cutter

mikeinpdx

have a windows 10 system, running 32 bit windows.
I am trying to update the firmware on my GX-500, downloaded from here
Roland Care Service & Support | Roland
When I try to view the PDF, I get a message the PDF is corrupt. When I try to run the firmware update program, I get an error message from windows that it can't run the NTDVM. So I can't update firmware.

I am not sure about NTDVM, but I think it's intended to run 16 bit applications. Which means the Roland firmware update software is REALLY old and outdated ( I realize the firmware may be current, I'm talking about the software that installs the firmware).

Anyone else have luck on this?

mikeinpdx

The GX500 should be 32 bit. Call Roland and they can get you fixed up.
Thanks! It's just guessing about why I get that error when I try to run the firmware updater. I'm a few years out of warranty so I wanted to avoid an expensive service call :) I wondered if anyone has tried to update the firmware on their GX series recently and had similar issues.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Are you sure you have 32 bit Windows 10? Most Windows 10 installs are 64 bit. I think the Zip file is corrupted the installer is only a 1 KB file. For comparison, the updater program (not including the firmware) for an XR is 2MB. Roland should get this fixed soon.

Mahfuz Khan

1)Download the firmware from the roland website(i guess it might be a .zip file)
2)open the firmware update from the zip file directly without extracting..
(!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!)
(DO NOT EXTRACT THE FILES FROM THE .ZIP OR IT WILL SHOW THAT THE FILES ARE CORRUPTED!!!)

kheebl

Sorry to dig up a old thread but I just tried to update the firmware on my gx-500 and keep getting this error even though it’s turned on and plugged in

Attachments

• 0A9BB934-5358-4513-AEA1-9ADBA88B50A8.jpeg
    0A9BB934-5358-4513-AEA1-9ADBA88B50A8.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 129