Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Cutter?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Jgentry, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jgentry

Jgentry Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Hi guys

My cutter requires multiple passes if you want to do a standard cut and then do a flex/perf cut. I'm looking at the new 54" or 64" SummaCut series which will do both a standard cut and a flex cut in the same pass.

I fabricate for a sign company who is really just a marketing department and sources out their jobs to people like me.

I was wondering have you used perf or flex cutting to make stickers etc? Is it a feature you could live without?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I've been cutting vinyl since 1983 and doing print and cut since 1998. I can honestly say that I have never lost a job because of not being able to provide this kind of finishing. I can also count on the fingers of one hand the times it has been requested.

3. Jgentry

Jgentry Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Thanks much Fred. That makes my decision a little easier.

4. grafigo

grafigo Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Valjevo, Serbia
    On the other side, it's nice if you have the ability to do that kind of stuff.
    Recently I did a repeated job of oval decal's and this time I used perf cut options to get oval finished product instead of the usual rectangle. The costumer liked it and slightly raised price of the decal was not a problem.

5. signs+banners

signs+banners New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your current cutter?