• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrade Cutter?

Jgentry

Hi guys

My cutter requires multiple passes if you want to do a standard cut and then do a flex/perf cut. I'm looking at the new 54" or 64" SummaCut series which will do both a standard cut and a flex cut in the same pass.

I fabricate for a sign company who is really just a marketing department and sources out their jobs to people like me.

I was wondering have you used perf or flex cutting to make stickers etc? Is it a feature you could live without?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've been cutting vinyl since 1983 and doing print and cut since 1998. I can honestly say that I have never lost a job because of not being able to provide this kind of finishing. I can also count on the fingers of one hand the times it has been requested.

grafigo

On the other side, it's nice if you have the ability to do that kind of stuff.
Recently I did a repeated job of oval decal's and this time I used perf cut options to get oval finished product instead of the usual rectangle. The costumer liked it and slightly raised price of the decal was not a problem.